Extreme 4 Rules – 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and /or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirement. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
Note: In this class if you win 2 races in a row the next time you race in the current season you WILL start in the rear of the feature. All cars MUST weigh BEFORE Heats, Qualifying, or Feature events.
50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
2000 pound minimum weight limit with car & driver.
1. 1980 or newer front wheel drive four cylinder passenger cars only. All-wheel drive or all-wheel steering cars are allowed, however, you must disconnect the rear drive as to allow the car to pull from the front only and all-wheel steering must have pin or bolt installed as to not allow the car to steer from the rear. No convertibles, vans or pick-up trucks allowed.
2. Body must maintain original dimensions, standard as from the manufacturer.
3. Floor pan, trunk pan, front and rear inner wheel wells must remain stock and in stock location.
4. Interior trim (carpet, headliner, side panels, etc.) must be removed.
5. Hood must be held shut with at least two hood pins.
6. Must add, at least, 3 crash bars in front of the driver.
7. Fabricated Dashboard , OK.
8. Must add 20 gauge sheet metal cover rear of seat (where back seat was located).
9. Doors must remain in the stock position.
10. Doors must be welded shut in an approved manner.
11. Doors may only have metal removed to allow for clearance around the roll cage door bars. NO OTHER REMOVING OF METAL PERMITTED!!
12. Fender and quarter panel MAY NOT be trimmed for tire clearance.
13. The inner fenders/wheel wells must remain stock and unaltered.
14.Must have at least one hoop bar with 3 bars on driver’s door.
1. Engine must remain in stock location.
2. Stock four-cylinder engine only. Engine must remain stock as delivered by the factory.
3. No Cosworth or rotary engines allowed. No quad-four engines allowed. No turbo-charged or super charged engines allowed.
4. All engines must be used in the model of car for which they were manufactured.
5. No factory or after-market high performance components will be allowed in the engine of drive train.
6. Stock carburetor or fuel injection system for the make and model of car competed in.
7. After market air filter okay, K&N type etc.
8. Only water allowed in the radiator and cooling system. NO anti-freeze allowed.
9. May remove exhaust pipe and mufflers.
1. Only stock suspension parts allowed. No cutting or lightening of suspension parts allowed. Springs may not be heated or shortened to lower car.
2. No adjustable strut bushing or altering of stock location on shocks and struts.
3. May reinforce suspension parts front & rear to keep from tearing out of frame. No moving or relocating in any manner.
1. All wheels on car must be the same size and offset.
2. All tires do not have to be the same on all four wheels of car.
3. Tires must have DOT stamp for highway use.
4. Modoc Raceway reserves the right to disallow any tire from use in competition in the Extreme Class.
Seat & Belts:
1. Aluminum Racing Seat MANDATORY . NO STOCK SEATS. Rear seat must be removed.
2. Racing seat belts mandatory, NO STOCK SEAT BELTS.
3. 50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
Note: Attached weight must be securely bolted to frame with 1/2″ or larger bolts.
Weight must be painted white with car number displayed.
ANYTHING TO PROMOTE SAFETY MAY BE ADDED WITH APPROVAL FROM TECH!
50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
2013 RACE GUIDLINES
1. The officials of Modoc Raceway will have full authority over all events and in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Officials will be final.
2. All cars participating at Modoc Raceway will be subject to inspection at any time by the Tech Inspector.
3. The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. Any questions or doubts regarding such matters should be directed to Race Officials for clarification.
4. All racecars must have a charged fire extinguisher!
5. Race receivers are mandatory.
6. Pit Passes… All persons entering the pit area must have a pit pass and sign a release form, and must wear armband on arm only.
7. Rain Check Policy… Absolutely no money refunded. Rain checks will be honored on next make-up race.
8. All drivers must wear approved helmet and full one or two piece fire suit. Boots & gloves optional.
9. All drivers must attend drivers meeting.
10. Any driver suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will be required to take a breath-O-lizer test, if positive, driver will be DQ and subject to a $500 fine and possible suspension for 2 months.
11. No participant shall subject any employee or official to improper or abusive language or gestures at any time.
12. All drivers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their crew.
13. Modoc Raceway reserve the right to fine, suspend, or bar any driver, owner, or crewmember for disorderly conduct.
14. The rule book is a guideline and can be subject to changes at any time by the Tech Director. Weight may also be added for infraction of any rules at the Tech Inspector’s discretion.
15. All cars must have tow hooks on front and rear bumpers, MANDATORY!
16. All doors on Extreme 4, and Stock V8, must be welded shut.
17. No batteries allowed in the driver compartment.
18. Minimum of 3 crash bars in front of driver MANDATORY.
Thank you drivers, fans, crew members, and sponsors, for all your support at Modoc Raceway!
Lenny Hobbs – Modoc Raceway Promoter
ANY QUESTION ABOUT RULES – CALL LENNY HOBBS – 706-825-9870