SUPER STOCK 4 RULES – 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and /or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirement. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
In this class, if you win 2 races in a row the 3rd time you race in the current season; you will start in the rear of your Feature event.
All cars MUST weigh in BEFORE Heat, Qualifying, or Feature Event.
50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
***TIRES MUST PUNCH NO LESS THAN 48 ON DUROMETER TEST***
1. Toyota’s are allowed.
2. Post weight on car (1 pound per cc with a minimum of 2200 lbs, except for Toyota’s which has a 2000 lb minimum.
If weight is not posted, car will be weighed at 2500 lbs. WEIGHT MUST BE ON BOTH SIDES OF CAR.
3. Stock auto or truck with a minimum OEM wheel base of 90 inches.
4. Aluminum or steel after market bodies allowed.
5. May have 2 1/2″ high hood scoop, must be COMPLETELY closed in.
6. Must have stock OEM fire wall and floor pan.
7. Stock appearing rubber nose and bumper cover are allowed.
8. No holes or flaps in rear of car.
9. Boxing of interior OK; but must have access to see complete stock floor pan.
10. Must have fire wall of 20 gage steel between driver and fuel cell.
11. Rear spoiler 4 inch maximum height.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION;
1. Stock type steering only.
2. Suspension must be stock type: no screw jacks, no coil over shocks allowed. Shocks and struts must be stock type and be in-stock location.
3. Lowering blocks, caster and camber plates allowed.
4. A-frames upper and lower control arms must be OEM for make of car.
5. Frame may be tied together and reinforced.
1. Clutch must be single disc; must have solid lining.
2. Pressure plate and flywheel must be stock type and steel only. Flywheel must weigh a minimum of 16 lbs., no tolerance. Scalloped flywheels allowed.
3. Transmission stock type with working reverse. Automatics must have a working torque converter and be stock type.
4. 8.8in. maximum rear end may be locked with any gear. No altering housing or full spools.
5. After-market pedals allowed but NO brake adjusters inside of car. Brakes must be stock type and all 4 wheels must stop. You may run 4 wheel disc brakes-No racing type brakes. *****Scatter Shields are highly recommended****
1. In-line 4 cylinder engines only and must be same make of car.
2. Stock OEM block with .070 maximum over bore.
3. Rods any stock appearing steel rods OK.
4. Crank shaft stock OEM and must be stock stroke. Must have casting # or logo must be visible. (Crank may be lightened)
5. Intake must be OEM for engine. May be bored straight down for clearance, no radius or blending. No porting, polishing or gasket matching. May run fuel injection intake, 1inch maximum carb spacer, no tolerance.
6. Stock type OEM carburetor or Holley 350 CFM or Holley 500 CFM or Motorcraft carburetor #7448 or 0-80787/1. Must have choke horn with number on it. May remove choke plate.
7. .450 maximum lift solid or hydraulic camshaft measured at the valve, .025 maximum lash with solid cam. OEM lifter only, no roller lifters, rocker arms, or camshafts. Adjustable cam pulley OK.
8. OEM head only, no porting or polishing. May run stainless steel valves but must be stock diameter. Taper on valve stems .010 maximum. No tolerance.
9. Headers are allowed. Exhaust must not blow on track.
10. No MSD boxes.
11. No Aluminum blocks, and No aluminum heads. Except Toyota okay, 2000lb minimum.
TIRES AND WHEELS:
1. Any 7 or 8 inch steel wheel any offset. May run bead-locks.
2. Tires RC4 or and DOT street tire no re-caps or re-grooved tires. No grooving of tires.
3. No softening of tires. Tires will be checked with a durometer. Durometer must read no less than 48.
Note: Attached weight must be securely bolted to frame with 1/2″ or larger bolts.
Weight must be painted white with car number displayed.
2013 Race Guidelines
1. The officials of Modoc Raceway will have full authority over all events and in the event of a dispute, the decision of the official will be final.
2. All cars participating at Modoc Raceway will be subject to inspection at any time by Tech Inspector.
3. The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. Any questions or doubts regarding such matters should be directed to Race officials for clarification.
4. All racecars must have a charged fire extinguisher.
5. Race Receivers are mandatory.
6. Pit Passes… All persons entering the pit area must have a pit pass and sign a release form, and must wear armband on arm only.
7. Rain Check Policy… Absolutely no money refunded. Rain checks will be honored on next make-up race.
8. All drivers must wear approved helmet and full one or two piece fire suit. Boots & gloves are optional.
9. All drivers MUST attend drivers meeting at each event.
10. Any driver suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will be required to take a breath-O-lizer test, If positive, deliver will be DQ, and subject to a $500 fine and possible suspension from events for 2 months.
11. No participant shall subject any employee or official to improper or abusive language or gestures at any time.
12. All drivers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their crew.
13. Modoc Raceway reserves the right to fine, suspend, or bar any drivers, owners, or pit crew members for disorderly conduct.
14. The rule book is a guideline and can be subject to changes at any time by the Tech Director. Weight may also be added for infraction of any rules at the Tech Inspector’s discretion.
15. All cars must have tow hooks on front and rear bumpers, MANDATORY!
16. All doors on Extreme 4 & Stock V8, must be welded shut.
17. No batteries allowed in driver compartments.
18. Minimum 3 crash bars in front of diver MANDATORY.
Thank you drivers, fans, crew members and sponsors for all you support at Modoc Raceway.