ROAD WARRIOR RULES
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and /or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirement. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
1. Anything not specified in the rules must be stock. All equipment must be in original position from original manufacturer. 3600lbs. Small block 400 and all big blocks add 300lbs. These engines must come from factory in the car.
2. American made 2 or 4 door sedan or station wagon with a minimum wheelbase of 110 inches.
3. NO GT type of cars (Camaro, Firebird, Mustang) Metric cars add 50 lbs.
4. Engine Rules:
1. Engine must be strictly stock for that make and model.
2. Engine allowed .060 for bore plus .010 wear.
3. Cast factory pistons only. No fly cutting pistons, no racing rings.
4. Block deck height .020
5. Stock Rods. Press wrist pins only. Good bolts ok.
6. Crank shaft: Cast only 52lbs minimum, no balancing
7. Heads: open chamber only 70cc. No stainless or swirl polished valves. Valve spring
90lb maximum. No after-market retainers. May have 3 angle valve job. No bowl cutting of
any kind. Stock rocker studs only. Stock rocker arms only. Poly locks ok. No guide plates.
8. Cam and Lifters: Intake lift 390 – Exhaust Lift 410. Stock replacement lifters only. Must have
wire ring clip. Valve adjustment must be preloaded. Stock push rods only.
9. Carburetor: Stock for make and model. Fuel injection OK if come from factory. 1850 ok, must
10. Stock manifolds only for make and model. Outlet cannot exceed 3 inches. NO headers.
11. May use racing oil pan, no crank scrapers.
5. Transmission must be stock. Straight shifts must add 50 lbs.
2-Speed power glides-Add 50 lbs. Flywheel must weigh 15 lbs.
Clutch and pressure plate must weigh 16 lbs. No aluminum parts, stock replacement only.
6. Stock rear-end for make of car only. No lock rear-ends.
7. Stock suspension for make of car. No jack bolts or spring buckets allowed. NO heavy duty
springs allowed. No modification of any kind (heating, cutting, spacers, etc.)
8. All doors must be welded shut. All glass and materials that would burn MUST BE REMOVED.
9. Stock seat with headrest OK. Racing seat recommended. Seat must be bolted with a minimum
of Six 3/8″ bolts to bars that are welded to roll cage. Must have 3-point quick release type racing
seat belt and shoulder harness 3″ wide. Must be bolted to roll cage with minimum 3/8″ bolt.
10. Six point roll cage required and must be welded to frame rails and all connections must be
fully welded. All cages must be a minimum diameter of 1 ½” and minimum .090 wall
thickness. A minimum of 3 horizontal bars is required in the driver’s door and a minimum of
2 In the passenger door.
11. Stock unaltered floor pan, firewall, trunk, and trunk floor must be retained. No hulling
permitted except front doors for roll cage. Dashboard may be replaced with sheet metal. All
holes in floorboard and firewalls must be covered with sheet metal. Complete bumper-to-
bumper unibody must be retained. Unibody may not be tied together. Must have stock
bumpers. May run aftermarket nose and tail piece. May have radiator protection bar. May
have bar to protect fuel cell. Bodies may be made of sheet steel, no aluminum. Must be stock
12. Tires – Run any tire you want. All wheels must have same offset. No grooving or siping.
13. BRAKES Stock type master cylinder, booster optional.
14. Fuel tank may be moved inside of trunk. Fuel cell highly recommended. Tanks must be
securely mounted. Approved fire extinguisher with gauge required and must be securely
installed in reach of driver.
15. Battery must be only located under hood or in trunk.
16. Helmets and complete fire suit must be worn anytime car is on track. Racing steering wheel with quick release permitted.
17. Anyone with prior racing experience CANNOT compete in the Road Warrior class.
IT IS THE RACER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO LET TECH OFFICIALS KNOW ABOUT ANY REQUIRED WEIGHT
PENALTIES LISTED IN THESE RULES
1. The officials of Modoc Raceway will have full authority over all events and in the event of a
dispute, the decision of the Officials will be final.
2. All cars participating at Modoc Raceway will be subject to inspection at any time by the Tech
3. The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. Any questions or doubts regarding
such matters should be directed to Race Officials for clarification.
4. All racecars must have a charged fire extinguisher!
5. Race receivers are mandatory.
6. Pit Passes… All persons entering the pit area must have a pit pass and sign a release form,
and must wear armband on arm only.
7. Rain Check Policy… Absolutely no money refunded. Rain checks will be honored on next
8. All drivers must wear approved helmet and full one or two piece fire suit. Boots & gloves
9. All drivers must attend drivers meeting.
10. Any driver suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will be required to take a
breath-O-lizer test, if positive, driver will be DQ and subject to a $500 fine and possible
suspension for 2 months.
11. No participant shall subject any employee or official to improper or abusive language or
gestures at any time.
12. All drivers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their crew.
13. Modoc Raceway reserves the right to fine, suspend, or bar any driver, owner, or
crewmember for disorderly conduct.
14. The rule book is a guideline and can be subject to changes at any time by the Tech Director.
Weight may also be added for infraction of any rules at the Tech Inspector’s discretion.
15. All cars must have tow hooks on front and rear bumpers, MANDATORY!
16. All doors on Extreme 4, and Stock V8, must be welded shut.
17. No batteries allowed in the driver compartment.
18. Minimum of 3 crash bars in front of driver MANDATORY.
Thank you drivers, fans, crew members, and sponsors, for all your support at Modoc Raceway!
Lenny Hobbs – Modoc Raceway Promoter
- Modoc Tech Director-