Stock V8 Rules – 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and /or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirement. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
Note:In this class if you win 2 races in a row the next time you race in the current season you WILL start in the rear of the feature.
All cars MUST weigh in BEFORE Heat, Qualifying, and Feature event.
50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
1. Any passenger car (includes Camaroes, Firebirds, Mustangs, etc. but no compact cars such as Pintos, Vegas, etc.)
2. Cars must weigh 3300 lbs.
3. Stock appearing bodies only. May make doors, lower quarter panels, front fenders, hood, and trunk – aluminum OK. Stock steel roof only. Must have stock steel floor pan and it must run rocker panel to rocker panel and be complete. Must have stock steel firewall. May use steel to patch holes in floor pans & firewall. Drivers window opening must be 15 inches minimum. Interior decking may not be flat to rear spoiler. 4inch spoiler okay.
4. Cars may cut out rear inner wheel wells, front inner fender wells are not required or they may be trimmed if used. Outer front and rear fender wells may be trimmed for tire clearance. No reinforced front ends. May have radiator protection bar, but it cannot extend past the front bumper. Interior boxing okay but must be constructed to allow inspection of the full floorpan. Frames may be tied together.
5. All leaf spring cars must weigh 3400 lbs, no chrysler leaf springs.
1. No engine set back. Engine must be in stock location ONLY. Measurement on engine set-back 16 inch maximum from front gear box bolt.
2. All engines must be stock stroke. Small block 400 must add 100lbs. and run dished pistons. 400 crank must weigh a minimum of 52 lbs.. 350 cranks must weigh a minimum of 49 lbs. May run Scat or Eagle crank but they must be stock appearing. Must run stock length rods and they must be I beams. Floating wrist pins OK. May, Eagle, Sir or equivalent rod. Stock type 4 eyebrow pistons only. May be forged. NO reverse dome pistons. Piston & wrist pin must weigh no less than 550 grams. Wrist pin cannot exceed bottom ring groove.
3. Stock OEM heads only. No vortec, bow-tie or aluminum heads allowed. No 2.02 valves. Valves and stems must be stock diameter. No tapered stems. Stainless steel valves OK. Screw in studs OK. Polylocks OK. Stock diameter springs and retainers only.
4. Stock cast iron intake only. May drill center bolts to fit head. 1 inch maximum carb spacer, no tolerance. No polishing of heads, intake, or exhaust manifolds. Headers are allowed, must exit between frame rails underneath the car. Hole in hood okay.
5. Frame may be cut for exhaust clearance.
6. Any two or four barrel carburetor. Must have a choke horn. May remove the choke plate from carburetor.
7. Standard HEI or single point distributor only, does not have to be OEM. No MSD boxes.
8. Any flat tappet hydraulic cam. No 4-7 swap cams. Flat tappet hydraulic lifters only. Anti-pump OK. Stamp Steel Rocker Arm, 1.5 long slot. No roller tip or roller.
9. May run after-market or stock oil pan. Crank scrapers or windage trays OK, must be in oil pan not bolted on motor.
10. No Tri-Y headers.
11. 602 GM Crate Engine Part# 88958602 – 200 pound weight break. Engine must have factory GM bolts or rebuilder seals. Local rebuilder: Wade Dunnaway, phone 706-678-7125
12. Open chamber heads 100lb weight break. 70cc heads minimum.
REAR END AND TRANSMISSIONS:
1. Stock rear-end or Ford 9″ OK in any car. Rear end may be locked. Rear disc brakes okay. Stock type caliper only.
2. No aluminum hydraulic release bearings. No mini-clutches, stock type clutch and flywheel only. Must have solid facing on both sides of clutch disc and must have springs. Minimum 10.5 inch clutch assembly. Flywheel must weigh at least 14 lbs.
3. Neal pedals OK. No brake adjusters allowed.
TIRES AND WHEELS:
1. Maximum 8 inch steel wheels any offset. BEADLOCKS OK.
2. Hoosier H500 tire only, may groove and sipe. No softening.
1. Stock type shocks, must be in stock location. No adjustable shocks. May run after-market springs. Spring cups, lowering blocks, and shackles are permitted.
2. All other suspension parts or components not mentioned must remain stock.
3. Tubular upper control arms OK. Non-adjustable. No Heim joints.
4. No screw jacks front or back. Spring buckets okay.
Note: Attached weight must be securely bolted to frame with 1/2″ or larger bolts.
Weight must be painted white with car number displayed.
2013 race Guidelines
1. The Officials of Modoc Raceway will have full authority over all events and in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Official will be final.
2. All cars participating at Modoc Raceway will be subject to inspection at any time by the Tech Inspector.
3. The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. Any questions or doubts regarding such matters should be directed to the Race Officials for clarification.
4. All race cars must have a charged fire extinguisher! MANDATORY.
5. Race Receivers are MANDATORY!
6. Pit Passes… All persons entering the pit area must have a pit pass and sign a release form, and must wear armband on arm only.
7. Rain Check Policy… Absolutely no money refunded. Rain checks will be honored on next make-up race.
8. All drivers must wear approved helmet and full one or two piece fire suit. Boots & gloves optional.
9. All drivers must attend drivers meeting.
10. Any driver suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will be required to take a breath-O-lizer test. If positive, driver will be DQ, subject to a $500 fine and possible suspension for 2 months.
11. No participant shall subject any employee or Official to improper or abusive language or gestures at any time.
12. All drivers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their crew.
13. Modoc Raceway reserve the right to fine, suspend, or bar any drivers, owner, or crew member for disorderly conduct.
14. The rule book is a guideline and can be subject to changes at any time by the Tech Director. Weight may also be added for infraction of any rules at the Tech Inspector’s discretion.
15. All cars must have tow hooks on front and rear bumper, MANDATORY!
16. All doors on Extreme 4, and Stock V8 must be welded shut.
17. No batteries allowed in drivers’ compartment.
18. Minimum 3 crash bars in front of driver MANDATORY.
Thank You, drivers, fans, crew members, and sponsors for all your support at Modoc Raceway!
Lenny Hobbs – Modoc Promoter-
ANY QUESTION ABOUT RULES – CALL LENNY HOBBS – 706-825-9870